Working Papers

WHAT are working papers?
Working papers are also known as Employment Certification. All students between 14 - 17 years of age must get an employment certificate in order to work.
How do I get working papers?
Fill out the New York State application available on the NY State Education Website. Submit it to the designated person in their high school or middle school. Out of state students can contact a Family Support Coordinator at either the Community (middle school) and High School districts. Family Support Coordinators may also be contacted when DOE schools are closed. The school—or superintendent's office—will issue an employment certificate to the student.